Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To jump or not to jump....

that is the question... 

We are staying within 30 minutes of the world's highest bungee jump - Bloukans Bungy.  At 210 meters (709 feet) it is recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the world's highest.

January 25th - We had our first quiet and relaxing day of our vacation.  We drove around the area and I only took a few pictures.  The landscape is so diverse in this area.   The trees are magnificent.




After driving around, we relaxed at our hotel on the Indian Ocean.






January 26th - Below, on the center of the bridge, is where the world's highest bungee jump is located.


Well...as you can see...I decided to jump!!!  It was unbelievable and yes...I would do it again!!


Going down...


and down...


and still going down...


Here is a video of my jump.



I survived and lived to blog about it...


On the way back to our hotel...more baboons!




8 comments:

Justin said...

THAT IS SO AMAZING! I cannot believe the trip you guys are having. It looks like you are both having so much fun. :-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Now I know you are completely MAD, INSANE ...that is one of the most scariest things in the world....

Absolutely No - way !!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Dawn just watched the video...omg!! My heart was in my mouth...you are very very brave!!

Andrea said...

No way! That's not really you. I don't believe it!

Notes from Noël said...

Hi All!!

South Africa has been such a wonderful and exciting trip! We never know what to expect from one day to another! The bunjy jump was amazing. Andrea, I don't know if you've watched the video yet (we put it up the next day) but then you'll see my face and not just my butt!

Andrea said...

Lol, yeah I watched it after I made my comment. You're mad but I'm impressed :)

garcal said...

Yeahhhh Go Dawn Go
hahaha ooh lala !!!
Alex

Notes from Noël said...

Bonjour Alex!!

Oui!! Je suis feu (?)!!!

Ooh la la is right!!!