Friday, October 2, 2009

Oxford, England!!!!

I spent the Monday of my London vacation in Oxford. Below is my wonderful tour guide "Anne from Oxfordshire"! I'm not sure yet how to link to Anne's blog. I'll put that on my "To Do" list this week. We had a great time exploring Oxford! I took the Oxford Tube (which is a bus and not a train) from London into Oxford. It was an extremely easy way to get there and took about 1 1/2 hours.

A floral shop in a covered market

There are so many universities in Oxford and the students are just returning for the fall term. Lucky for us, the main doors to most of the universities were open so we were able to peek inside. I couldn't believe how green the grass was.

Another university....
And another university....


Oxford is such a quaint and historic village



Don't know anything about this gargoyle on the sidewalk...


Another university....




Guess what?! Another university!
AND...a university library!!!



Anne doesn't have to worry about me taking over as a tour guide anytime soon. I obviously can't remember many details of my visit but it was absolutely worth the visit and, of course, seeing Anne! Merci beaucoup Anne!

2 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Dawn...wooohooo I had such a fun time showing you around..I am so happy that you enjoyed it.

Not sure I would make a good tour guide either...:-) but it was so great to see you. Take care, Anne

By the way Oxford is not a village, it is a City..http://www.oxfordcity.co.uk/ and it once used to be the capital of England..
http://www.oxford.gov.uk/community/interesting-facts.cfm

It is so small in comparision to Paris, it must feel like one!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Great pics!!! You look like glamour girls!

Soooo COOL!! Glad you got to go see Anne... It looks lovely!!! I can't wait to go... Take care and see you tomorrow... Leese