Thursday, January 29, 2009

La Grève = The Strike

Today there was a huge strike thoughout France over the economic crisis. Today was called "Black Thursday". Some of the groups that were striking were transportation (metro, bus, RER etc.), teachers, plumbers, post office employees, Air France staff, hospital employees, chemical factory workers etc.



I think many people stayed home today but Tom decided to brave it and go to work. On average, it takes 45 minutes each way. Today it took Tom 1 hour to get to work and 1 hour 20 minutes to get home. Not too bad for black Thursday.








Thanks Leesa for sharing the above picture (which she got off the internet). I still haven't mastered that skill yet

1 comment:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Soooo, I took down all but one picture in that post b/c David sent two comments- the first saying that the photos were deceiving b/c that could have been on any crowded day and that it wasn't that bad... I don't know, I wasn't there but I think I'm going to post a few of the photos he took at the manif. to write about that, as well... I am going to link it to his blog .... Take care, Leesa